08 April 2010

tuna noodle casserole

I've always been a big fan of casseroles. They just seem to be perfect to me - easy and delicious. One of my favorites has always been tuna noodle. I've tried a number of different ways to make it, but this seems to be my favorite thus far. Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 can of tuna in water
  • 1/2 bag of egg noodles
  • 4 mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 bag of frozen peas
  • 1 small can of French’s Fried Onions (or half a large can)

Cook the 1/2 bag of noodles per the box directions. While boiling that, mix the tuna, peas, mushrooms and soup in 10” cooking dish. Drain the noodles and mix into dish. Cook covered for 30 min on 350 degrees. Then uncover and sprinkle a layer of the onions on top, broil until onions begin to blacken just a smidge. I usually get a dinner and two lunches out of this puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment