28 April 2010

pesto turkey burgers

I was in the mood for something other than pasta tonight (strange, I know, but it happens.) I decided to try a recipe I've had on hold for awhile for pesto turkey burgers. It calls for a grill, but alas, I didn't have one (sad face) and just used the stove top instead. They turned out pretty great. Here's what you'll need:
  • 1/2 lb. of lean ground turkey
  • 1 tablespoon basil pesto
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
  • 1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
  • Sprinkle of pepper
  • Buns of your choice (ha)
Begin by mixing all ingredients (expect buns) together in a bowl. Mix well with your hands and form into balls, then pat flat into burger shapes. You can get 2-3 burgers out of the amounts above (so 4-6 easily if you double everything). I just made them in a skillet. It took about 15 minutes total to cook them both through over medium heat, flipping occasionally. That's it - super easy. They turned out to have a really strong flavor that didn't even call for any condiments beyond a little lettuce and tomato.

I paired them with some french fries. I got the regular crispy variety in the freezer section. I tossed them with some oil and a half a package of dry Ranch dressing mix, baked for 15-20 minutes (per directions) and got some really great seasoned fries out of it. Definitely a tasty, unique recipe if you're looking for a different kind of burger.

Bon chappétit!

1 comment:

  1. this looks really yummy... i might try this next time i do turkey burgs.

    ReplyDelete