- 1 lb. white fish fillets (I used tilapia)
- 4 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons of honey
Meanwhile, sprinkle the fish fillets with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper. In same large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 4 minutes. Carefully turn fish. Reduce the heat to medium; cook 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place the fish fillets on top of wilted spinach and cover to keep warm.
In a small bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar and honey. Add to the same large skillet. Cook and stir until heated through, scraping up any browned bits. To serve, spoon the balsamic vinaigrette over the fish and spinach. Makes 2-4 salads, depending on the appetites at hand.