30 April 2010

california chicken w/ avocado & tomato

After taking a look at the blog the other night, I realized that I really haven't been eating any chicken lately - odd, right? So I decided to revisit an old favorite that Dan and I first made several months back. It's very simple, yet very flavorful. Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
  • 1 ripe tomatoes, sliced
  • Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 6 slices

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Start by sautéing your garlic in oil. Once it begins to sizzle, add in the chicken.  I like to cook my chicken covered over medium heat.  I find cooking it slow and covered really makes it nice and juicy.  I added a pinch of salt and a few pinches of pepper.  After about 15 minutes, when the chicken is about 80% done, I transferred to a cookie sheet lined with foil. Then top with a tomato slice or two and several slices of cheese.  Bake for 10-15 minutes.

Once removed, add the avocado slices to the top and you're done.  Really simple, but the flavors go together wonderfully.  Definitely an easy way to make chicken that's not the same old, same old.

Bon chappétit!

1 comment:

  1. i might have to make this with the extra chicken i have. looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete