23 June 2010

oven-fried pork chops

Last night I made pork chops. They weren't crazy-fancy, they were just downright good. I'd never had a breaded pork chop before, and I have to say everything really does taste better breaded. Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 pork chops
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used Italian style)

Begin by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. Melt the butter, then pour it into the bottom of a baking dish. Next, dredge your chops through the flour, then coat with egg and cover with breadcrumbs all over. Sprinkle with pepper and place them in the baking dish and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Flip them over and bake for 10 more minutes, or until the juices run clear. I put them under the broiler for just an additional minute or two to make them crispy and golden brown.

Remove and serve. Super easy. Took me back to the good ol' days. If only I'd had applesauce to serve them with.

Bon chappétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment