17 June 2010

bon jour world!

Google Analytics is a fascinating piece of technology.  I have it hooked up to the blog, and I check it every once in awhile just to see who's logging on (if anyone...) and where they're coming in from.  I posted once before about my newfound international presence.  Some places make complete sense, such as my current home (NYC) and my hometown (Pittsburgh).  Some places I can figure out, based on friends that have moved over the years (Emil, I know that's you in Atlanta!).  Some make absolutely no sense.  However, I'm humbled and flattered that the reach of Bon Chappétit is constantly growing. I'd love to know who's logging on from some of these places and how you found the site...

  • Temple, TX: How are you?!
  • Chambersburg, PA: Do I know someone there? There's tons of you logging on!
  • Oregon, Wisconsin, Louisiana: Never been there, but glad to have 'ya!

And then there are the places that just completely take me by surprise. The top one has to be Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Seriously.

As I said above, I'd love to know how everyone's finding the site, if you've been inspired to try any recipes and your thoughts if you have. And even if you don't feel like responding or are simply a casual observer, I'm still thrilled you've swung by.  It's fantastic motivation :)

Btw, the picture is of me eating the "death yogurt" (story behind that) in Cuzco, Peru circa sometime in 2006.

Bon Chappétit!

6 comments:

  1. gotta love that death yogurt. Congrats on the readership! send your fan base to my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. International fan base: go check out foodingwithemily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how google analytics works but I have sitemeter on my blog and even at a "free" level you can read a report of referrals, seeing what people did to get to your blog. It's really fun to analyze, and following the links in reverse is often a hoot. I've discovered that very occasionally something I post gets mentioned by somebody who actually has a large readership and then my page views spike. I suppose it's a little narcissistic hovering over these statistics--but it's fun!

    Anyway keep up the great blog. I will have to document a recipe for you someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post ish. Any chance that stands for ish-kabibble?? Definitely let me know if you try any of the recipes, and of course, your opinion/critiques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now you can add Bradenton, Florida to that list as well. Great site and funny writing.

    ReplyDelete