18 May 2010

fruit cobbler

So I should preface this recipe by noting that it might not actually be a cobbler.  I feel as though that's what it should be called, and therefore, it's a cobbler to me. Anyways, Dan and I made a fruit "cobbler" this weekend for dessert, and it was insanely easy and delicious. Here's what you'll need:

  • Fruit (I used 1 white peach, 1 yellow peach, raspberries and blackberries)
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of flour
  • 1 package of biscuits

All we did was peel and slice up the peaches, then we mixed the fruit together in a bowl with the flour and sugar, and divided them among a couple ramekins. If you were making a larger portion, you could totally do this in a baking dish. However, we were only making two individual servings.

After placing the fruit in the ramekins, we topped each with a Grands biscuit.  I'm sure you could really use any biscuit of your choice, or even make your own from scratch if you're not as lazy as I am.  We baked these at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes (really, we just watched for the biscuit to get nice and golden.  Let them cool for a few minutes and you're done.

Bon chappétit!

2 comments:

  1. wonder how frozen fruit would work... i might try with that and report back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see why it wouldn't be perfectly fine (and even easier). I think next time I want to try a different topping. I saw a recipe with some mixed nuts, brown sugar, etc on it...kind of a crumbly topping.

    ReplyDelete