24 May 2010

turnips

I decided to try a new vegetable the other day - turnips! Never had one, no clue what they'd taste like. Turns out it's pretty much a potato, with a little twist. I actually quite enjoyed it. I'm not going to list ingredients here (turnips, butter).

I got the regular white and purple ones you always see. I cut off the stems, peeled and sliced them into cubes.  I put them in a heavy pan with a heaping of butter and a big pinch of salt and simply covered and cooked them over medium heat until tender. I took them off once they just started to get a little brown on them, probably about ten minutes total. I definitely recommend them - a quick and easy way to add a different veggie to the plate.

Bon chappétit!

1 comment:

  1. jes and i would eat them raw when we were little. i haven't had one in years though...

    ReplyDelete