09 June 2010

steak fajitas w/ guacamole


Last night I decided to be wise and use up some of the random items I had laying around in the fridge. I had a lot leftover form the Mexican chicken the other night.  I decided to try and whip up some steak fajitas, and they turned out pretty sweet. I also stumbled upon an amazingly easy way to make homemade guacamole. Here's what you'll need:
  • Flour tortillas
  • Sirloin steak
  • Salsa, medium hot
  • Peppers (green, red, yellow)
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Taco seasoning
  • Avocado
First, the guacamole. All I seriously did was mash up 1 avocado and mixed it with one heaping spoonful of salsa. I got the chunky, medium hot salsa. It already had onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, etc. mixed in. This made plenty for me, probably enough for two. It was fantastic. If you like guacamole, definitely give it a try.

On to the fajitas. begin by browning the steak on both sides in a non-stick skillet over medium heat with just a dollop of olive oil.  Next, slice up the steak and add back to the skillet, along with the taco seasoning and water, per the directions on the package. Once the liquid reduces, you're ready to build the fajitas.

I simply layered slices of steak with a few strips of pepper, cheese and a teaspoonful of salsa.  Once wrapped, I topped each fajita with a nice layer of guacamole. It was faaaaaantastic! Definitely a must-try.

Bon chappétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment