30 June 2010

homeward bound

I wanted to shoot everyone out there a quick update. I have something to tell you, and it's not going to be easy - try not to cry. I'm...not going to be blogging for the next week. Yes, it's true. For the first time in three months, I'm going to take more than the weekend off. You see, I'm making my biannual trip home to the motherland, glorious Pittsburgh. Fear not, I expect to be trying out some new recipes there with the fam. Especially since I'll have unlimited access to a grill for an entire week. If you read the blog then you know how I feel about grills. Color me giddy.

Besides, there's now over 60 recipes logged on the site, that should be enough to hold you over. And if you're just so crazy that it's not, be sure to check out the fantastic blogs in the sidebar.

Hopefully I'll return next week, full of renewed energy and lots of fun new recipes for yinz out there. In the meantime, here's a taste of how I'll hopefully be spending at least one meal while I'm home...



Bon chappetit!

2 comments:

  1. jes said something about yinz getting together this weekend and invited me - perhaps we'll have a cooking war. or a combined blog post. your pick. i'll see what my schedule looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word. I'm coming in Saturday for a little kayaking and lunchtime cookout. She said something about grilled pineapple and/or watermelon. I was thinking of trying out some kabobs. C'mon down, we'll keep it friendly in the name of food :)

    ReplyDelete