20 July 2010

tuna & arugula pasta

While the temperatures are consistently in the 90s these days, I'm finding it harder and harder to spend very much time in my windowless, A/C-less kitchen. I'm also getting tired of takeout options. So I've now moved on to the absolute quickest meals I can make (I'll also be trying my first ceviche soon).  This pasta dish was a big staple back in college when I used to cook regularly for a few friends (yo Hallie! yo Lee!)  It's one of the quickest ones I know (because I use jarred sauce - deal with it).  Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 can of tuna (in oil)
  • Pasta sauce (I usually go for a tomato basil)
  • A handful of arugula
  • Pasta of your choice
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Boil the pasta per box directions.  Toss some sauce and the arugula into a pot to heat (I find about 1/3 of a jar - yes, jar - is about one dish).  The arugula makes this dish.  Don't be afraid to use a lot - it will wilt down to nothing.  Add the tuna (drained) and salt and pepper to taste (I usually like mine pretty spicy).  Combine all ingredients when done and voila! Super easy tuna pasta: it's better than it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment