09 September 2010

pizza arrabbiata

Last night I wasn't in the mood to make anything intense, but I didn't want to do take-out either. I'd had a great pizza at Adrienne's this weekend that I was craving again, so I decided to take my own (lazy) stab at it. It was your basic margherita pizza but with pepperoncini added in. In case you didn't know, as my waiter this weekend made abundantly clear, pepperoncini are actually peppers, not pepperoni. Here's what you'll need:

  • 10" whole wheat flatbreads (these came in packs of 5 for $2 at my market)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (I went for the roasted garlic variety)
  • 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
  • 10 pepperoncini

Begin by toasting your flatbread in the oven n 450 degrees for just a couple minutes while you prep the other ingredients.

Coarsely chop the mozzarella into thin slices. Slice your pepperoncini up as well and drain the liquid from your tomatoes.

Remove the flatbread from the oven and layer the tomatoes, cheese and pepperoncini on each piece. The above ingredients will get you about two 10" pizzas. Bake these for about 10 minutes each (still on 450 degrees) and let cool for a minute. Slice up and serve - delicious and done in under 15 minutes.

Bon chappétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment