04 March 2013

red snapper w/ thyme, tomatoes & olives

Long time! It's been a long, long while. As I think I've said before, and I'm sure I'll say again, after 130 or so recipes, you just run out of new ideas! Plus, I've just been going back through and making the past recipes I've loved. Be sure to follow me on Facebook, as I post updates to old recipes and share photos more regularly. Anyways, to the recipe! PS. This is best over rice. Here's what you'll need:

  • 3 large plum tomatoes or a bunch of cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped 
  • 1 shallot, chopped 
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (I used lemon thyme, any ol' thyme will do) 
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil 
  • 2 6-7 ounce red snapper fillets 
  • 10 kalamata olives, pitted, halved 


Preheat your oven to 450°F. Place your baking sheet in the oven and preheat for 10 minutes.

Combine the tomatoes, shallot, and chopped thyme in a small bowl and mix with a tablespoon of oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut 1 sheet of aluminum foil about 18 inches long. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil in center of the foil. Place the red snapper fillets side by side in center of aluminum foil. Top with the tomato mixture, sprinkle with olives, and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal.

Place foil packet on heated baking sheet. Bake until fish is opaque in center, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes. Open foil packet and pour the juices over the rice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment