03 April 2012

parmesan-crusted chicken

DELICIOUS! This dish is delicious. To be fair, I only post the recipes on here that I think are great. There's been quite a few doozies, but they don't make it to the blog. However, every once in awhile I get one that I don't just enjoy, I LOVE. This was one such dish. It actually reminded me a bit of the limehouse chicken - different ingredients, but similar idea. Really easy too. You can actually even make it easier than I did (as noted below). Here's what you'll need:

  • Chicken breast (I, of course, just made this for myself, but the topping portion below is probably enough for 3-4 breasts).
  • Dash of salt
  • Sprinkling of black pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan (pecorino would work too)
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
Now here's how I prepared it. You could probably just straight up bake the chicken from start to finish if you know how to do that, and then it's even simpler and involves one less pan. However, every time I try to back chicken without browning it first in a skillet, it turns out underdone. Any advice there? I'd love to solve that problem. It vexes me; I'm terribly vexed. (NAME THAT MOVIE!) Anyways, here's how I did it...

Preheat your oven to 450°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat and add one clove of the garlic. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, add the chicken, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook each side about 3-5 minutes, until cooked about 75% of the way.

While that's cooking, combine the cheese, panko, remaining oil, parsley, remaining garlic and a dash of salt and pepper in a bowl and mix together.

Line a baking sheet with foil and place the chicken on top. Pat panko mixture onto breasts. Roast chicken until crumbs begin to turn golden, about 10 minutes.

Bon chappétit!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. Making this for dinner tonight. Glad I swung by the blog and saw this one. -Jessay :)

    ReplyDelete