12 November 2010

chicken w/roasted grapes and shallots

Roasted grapes? You might think that equals raisins. I did. However, that was not the case. The case was that they baked with a chicken breast and some shallots to create a great tasting dish. Here's what you'll need:

  • Chicken breast
  • 2 shallots, peeled and halved
  • A handful of seedless grapes, halved (I used a mixed of red and green)
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic
  • Salt and pepper

The recipe I based this on said to just straight-up bake the chicken. However, baking chicken always scares me. It always seems to take way longer than the recipe calls for, and even then, the chicken isn't quite done. Because of this, I decided to sauté the chicken for just five minutes or so with half the oil, the garlic, salt and pepper.

While that's going, cut up the grapes and shallots and chopped the thyme. Combine all three into a small both and mix with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.

When the chicken is browned, place it in a piece of tinfoil in a glass baking dish and surrounded it with the grape mixture. Loosely cover and bake at 400 degree for about 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

Super easy to prepare, and the flavors really complimented each other. I don't even normally like grapes that much, but I wish I'd put even more in because they were just that good. Give it a try.

Bon chappétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment